Saturday, February 16, 2008

ICHF Trade Show 2008



The UK's version of CHA kicks off today at the NEC. Unlikely to be quite as thrilling (or celeb-liscious) as CHA, it is worth a look in if you are a UK retailer. Training type workshops are today, with the doors being opened nice and wide to the trailing hoards tomorrow morning.

I am off on Monday (as for the first time in years I now do not work with a company that has to exhibit - I tell you, that is a little slice of heaven right there!!)

The stands I most look forward to are PaperArtsy (because I love what Mark does with cardboard - the man is a genius!! The stamps aren't too shabby either ;) I will also go see Creative Expressions - as they have Fancy Pants, and that is one line that keeps getting better. The shimmering H2Os are also a must see - and play! Alain and Tim from Ranger will be over having a mess around on their stand (as well as Personal Impressions) so will have a chat to the silky south african accent (and the man who wields it effortlessly.)

It is funny how our trade show is not nearly as exciting... and not hint of an Ali or an Elsie in sight. I know that there are some myths circulating - I always like to discover what the underground drums reckon is fact. Is that a woman thing?? As always, the myths are no where near the truth. Still... it is like a soap opera unfolding - better than Neighbours half the time! And wouldn't you know... they moved home too ;) Channel 5 has all the luck!
I will take some piccies from the show - let you know what decoupage is going to rock your world in 2008... peel offs and decoupage (should I vow now never to touch either?! I know Mary Anne did a piece in Scrapbook Inspirations using peel offs - and I thought it very brave!!)
Ok - until Monday!
Becks x

No comments: