BUT the exchange rate annihilation could spell the *best* news for Scrapbooking in the UK. For years die-hards and bargain hunters have been browsing the Internet for better deals from our US cousins, and even with added shipping... making a saving on buying on home soil. UK retailers have been bereft at the lack of loyalty - and there have been a few "Buy British" campaigns... but that juicy half price mentality has tempted ££££ being spent elsewhere.
Now the exchange rate is less attractive, retailers will find those same savvy bargain hunters now scouring the net for best prices, best deals and CHOICE. It is a huge opportunity for UK scrap suppliers to step up to the plate and win market share... so it isn't all doom and gloom!So some homegrown Monday Money Saving Tips:
- Craft Superstore (really like shopping here!) have BOGOF offers!
- Artbase have a wide variety of products online - so if you are looking for CHOICE they are a fav!
- The Glitter Pot have some great BasicGrey offers... and a cuddly Forever Friends bear (I have 2 already wrapped for my girls!!) worth £16.99, for only £9.99!
- Crafty Devils is another great CHOICE outlet, and has plenty of Sizzix, Cuttlebug, Wizard (if you are looking for a die cutting Christmas pressie...)
- Artymiss ALWAYS has a bargain...
- QVC clearance can be a way to pick up a few *hard to get* items at a good price... my fav place for K&Co and American Crafts... even some 7gypsies ;)
- One for the kids... www.wilkinsonplus.com are selling a 1000 piece Kid Craft Caddy for just £3.99! GREAT stocking filler (just hide your good glue!!)