Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Spotted: Integral BLING... and those public moments of woe

I wanted to speak up on the whole *air kissing* etiquette...

It is a minefield. This came up yesterday when I bumped into someone at a meeting and could see that our greeting was going to cause palpitations. I am somewhat clumsy with my head, and cringe when someone goes to genteelly kiss me on the cheek....
My palms sweat, my pulse quickens and I fumble forward (usually at 57 mph and either bang heads, brush an ear or whack a cheekbone...) You would think my public humiliation was over - but apparently round two on the 'tuther side causes an awkward pause, then lunge.

I am an inherent hugger... as I feel more comfortable (and less chance of head injury) in this format. Whilst some folks HATE hugging - I am an all body embracer.

Anyways, I had a very public air kiss moment... and I apologise to all concerned that I am inept at this kind of greeting. I was raised in the norf... where you either hugged or spat at. I think the souf has tried to have its wicked way with me... but I am still an imperfect work of art. At least I can console myself with the fact that JUDE LAW gets it wrong too... (although who would blame me for wantonly abandoning all decorum if he ever went for an air kiss?!!)

BACK ON TOPIC...

I know Glitz Designs have sneaked some of their CHA Summer bling - which is part of a sticker (integral to the design... and no fussing...) well I also spotted this via Imaginisce (which has to be one of the HARDEST things to figure out to pronounce - I can barely type it correctly ;)

These STUDDED STICKERS are sublime, and have the bling blaring... but without all the faffing and fiddling. I know this means you are stuck with the final design... but luckily these brands are pretty nifty on the design front and have not come up with anything overtly naff.

I am going to play - as I still think jewels are going to be a girl's best friend into 2009...

2 comments:

myfrogprince said...

these are adorable, I especially love the penguin.

Lou Sims said...

My favourite is also the penguin but actually can see lots of inspiration from those trees!