Friday, September 26, 2008

Wall Art...

I have yet to create a layout mounted on an easel and walloped onto my wall. I see them periodically (for a while they were in *every* scrap mag...) BUT I am a tad anal when it comes to home decor. I would much rather see my layouts in a stylish leather {effect} album - a la WRM - than stuck on a wall with all my journalling hanging out (like washing laundry in public tsk ;)

I, however, have been introduced to an emerging {nontraditional} home decor company in the US... www.uppercaseliving.com
I first saw these wall transfers (think: *massive rub-ons...) when Lisa & Becky launched that line with Advantus. It didn't really take off in the UK (excuse being - we have small houses, and even smaller walls, usually cluttered with a zillion photos... or in my case, Biro, zig writer... and crayon ;)

BUT I like the transfers that uppercaseliving are propagating! That CREATE one... and the DRESS UP?! I can think of ideal locations for both... and have promptly got my US-RESIDING SISTER on the case ;)
It is yet another 'home party' company - so measure it's success against supremo Stampin Up (urm, do we dare mention Craft-Ed?!) and I doubt we will see it ever hit the big time in the UK... but consider it spotted, adored and on the Christmas pressie list!




4 comments:

Chris said...

OMG that 'create' transfer is to die for...just fabulous. I think most of us crafters could think of somewhere to put it with pride of place :)
I agree about not liking Layouts on the walls particularly but I do have a couple of canvases on easels that I keep in my bedroom... no-one gets to see those 'cept me and I love to look at them :) Guess it's just a matter of taste :)

Lisa Olson said...

Aw Becks what an absolutely fantastic idea and one I may just have to try out in my home too, if you don't mind. I would be ever so grateful if you could pop over to my blog and check out my latest project it was inspired by your silhouette piece.

Mum on Her Own said...

Oooh! I love the LisaBecky transfers! Please spill the beans when you know where we can get our hands on them! And no please don't mention Craft-ED (cr*p ed in our house) I take the stance of been there seen the mess and got stabbed in the back. Oh well! Take care x

Unknown said...

I've only created 1 canvas for my wall... there's no journalling just a simple word... family... which reminds me I must upload it to my blog :O

I'd say give it a go... just one try... you never know you may like it :)